Werewolf: Shadows of New York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Hill

2 posters

Go down

The Great Hill Empty The Great Hill

Post by krellen Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm

"Tommy" strode across the grass of the Great Hill, allowing the blades to caress his bare feet as he soaked in the afternoon's sun. Though he despised the Sept's rule that he could not wear his true skin whilst on the grounds, he could still feel the power of Pegasus thrumming through the earth, lingering still from his Sisters' revelry last night.

He unbuttoned the course garment the City forced him to wear within its borders, allowing the wind to ruffle the fur - no, hair - upon his chest. One small advantage he held over his Fury sisters was the ability to walk largely unclad within the city; for some reason, the Apes viewed female nudity as more taboo than male. Humans made no sense. All were equally beautiful in Gaia's eyes.

A few trees largely shaded the path that encircled the hill, and shielded his form from too much apely attention, but a pair of young joggers did pause their exercise to look his way; even in Glabro, "Tommy" was a handsome specimen by human standards, if you liked the rough and rugged type. He turned a predatory grin towards the joggers, who quickly continued on their way. Black-Fur-Rises already had a pack and a mate, and apes held no interest for him.

He turned his eyes towards Helios's glory, and began to sing his Totem's praises, in the tongue of his birth. His mostly-human throat made the words garbled and coarse, but the song still called to Gaia and Her children.
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

The Great Hill Empty Re: The Great Hill

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

[ST]

A female Garou wearing her Glabro-shape strides up to the hill as you sing praise to your Totem, her wild black mane trailing behind her. She waits a respectful distance from you as you finish your spirit-song, then approaches. She is fairly tall, slender but muscular, and moves with a predator's grace distinctive to Garou - save perhaps the Weaver-ridden Glass Walkers who deny their nature - and she wears a black leather jacket that almost conceals the bulky sidearm at her hip. She stands in front of you.

"You sing well," she remarks, "for one unused to that form. You are the newcomer, from the Children of Gaia?"

Last edited by Runs-In-Shadows on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

https://werewolfshadowsofny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Black-Fur-Rises shifts uncomfortably, still unsure of the rituals that went with the bald form he was forced to wear. He adopts a stance that, were he wearing his true skin, would be one of subtle dominance, like a visiting alpha on another's territory.

In bipedal form, it looks rather silly.

"I am Black-Fur-Rises, whelp of Fury-Night-Heart, Ahroun of the Bl- the Children of Gaia," he announces mostly formally, though the words are clearly uncomfortable for him and his voice betrays an uncertainty only hinted at by his posture.
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm

[ST]

She seems to sense your intention, meeting your eyes directly as if to say I will not be intimidated. Then, point made, she returns you greeting.

"Sun-Rider, Galliard of the Black Furies," she introduces herself, seeming relaxed as she sits down beside you. "Must be hard, coming to the city," she muses, "You sound... troubled. I've never heard a Garou forget his Tribe before... well, once, but she'd been in Malfeas for a few days."

Last edited by Runs-In-Shadows on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Same)
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:31 pm

"My tribe and my mother's tribe are not the same," he says by way of explanation, crouching down in a rather primitive fashion, using one hand, knuckles down, to hold his balance. He glances sidelong at his visitor, then back towards the woods. "I'm sure you know why."
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:41 pm

[ST]

She shakes her head and shrugs. "Not me. I've been stalking Leeches through the Bronx for the last week," she says, lifting her jacket and t-shirt to show you a pair of long, reddish scars that on her side that don't seem to be healing well, "Spotlight mentioned we had a new wolf, a Child of Gaia from a wilderness Sept."

Last edited by Runs-In-Shadows on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I was inattentive and wrote the wrong name dammit.)
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 pm

He growls softly. "They do not force us to hunt in this naked skin as well, do they?" His shoulders arch upward. "I used to chase the dead when I was a pup, still with my mother's pack, what few dared invade Gaia's territory." He sniffs at the air, making a face. "I do not know how any can hunt in this forest of metal and stone, with the stink of so many apes and their toys upon the wind."
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:03 pm

[ST]

"'Course not," she laughs, brushing a stray bit of hair - thick as fur - from her eyes, "Soon as I'm off the grounds, I'm Crinos." She snaps her talons. "Won't be fore a while. Leech claws don't heal right, not as bad as silver, but..."

Two other Garou are approaching the hill; their scents are clear and distinct in the breeze.

"That's my pack," Sun-Rider says, standing up and brushing the grass from her dedicated jeans as the other Furies call to her, "If you want to hunt in the city streets, maybe one of the Talons can show you around. Not Spotlight, though, he's got his hackles up about something."

Last edited by Runs-In-Shadows on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Black-Fur remains crouched, eyes still cast towards the distance. "Are there many wolves here?" he asks absently. "Most of us, I know, are human-born now." He barely chokes back the insult he nearly barked instead of the ape's term for themselves.
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:50 pm

[ST]

As the sun begins to set in the distance. your quiet contemplation is interrupted by a distant roar of fury and anguish, followed by rapid-fire shouting and a sharp yowl.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down