Werewolf: Shadows of New York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edge of the Bawn

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Edge of the Bawn - Page 3 Empty Re: Edge of the Bawn

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:34 pm

"Of course I do Walks, don't be ridiculous." she says very convincingly, rolling her eyes at his obsession with the stunningly obvious.

Well, at least that means she wouldn't have to go and find an ax. That should save a bit of time.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Mates-with-Mothers wrote:[[Just looked at Snatches' stats. This is going to be hilarious]]

[Congrats, you're the first one to actually call her "Snatches". I've been trying to avoid saying it for weeks.]

Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

https://werewolfshadowsofny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Runs-In-Shadows wrote:
Mates-with-Mothers wrote:[[Just looked at Snatches' stats. This is going to be hilarious]]

[Congrats, you're the first one to actually call her "Snatches". I've been trying to avoid saying it for weeks.]

Mu ha ha

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:57 pm

[ST]

The first rays of dawn appear on the city skyline.

The visiting Talons have taken their wounded to a safehouse procured by an Uktena ally, where they can abandon the uncomfortable Homid form and rest. As they leave, old Mother Larissa and Spotlight talk in hushed tones. Something "off" in the Sept... everyone knows it.

The Bone Gnawers who live in the park are eating their scavenged food and staking out their favorite places to sleep after the night's action.

Sun-Rider, the tall, dark-haired Black Fury Galliard who was out with her pack at sunset, is now returning from what looked to be a fierce battle - her face is stained with ash and blood. She wears are fierce grin of victory, though. Whatever the Furies tangled with probably lies in bloody, tattered shreds. She sees Black-Fur-Rises and gives him a nod.

One female Garou, standing far away from the rag-tag almost-pack, watches them intently. After a few minutes, she turns and leaves, looking worried.

[Everyone: since nothing is happening fast right now, go ahead and declare actions - even long things like investigations.
And go ahead and add topics for places you're going if they're not already there.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Snatches-Food, noticing the watching Garou, decides that worried looking people are more interesting than phones, and slinks off through the bushes after her. After closing the distance, Snatches-Food realizes that trailing after someone through the park will both look incredibly suspicious and take more than five minutes. She bursts out of the bushes with a reassuring smile on her face and a hand extended in greeting.

"Hello there! Snatches-Food-Under-Nose, though you can just call me Snatches-Food. And you are?"

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm

[ST]

The other Garou gives Snatches-Food a cool, appraising look.

"Mist-Walker, Theurge of the Silver Fangs," she says in a neutral tone. Mist-Walker does not extend her hand.

After a moment's pause, she asks, "Is this your pack?" tossing her head wolf-style in the direction of the others.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Ah, clearly the discerning sort, to spot her air of command and competence, despite the self-elected Black-Fur acting all high and mighty. Also sounds like a Lupus. Hm...

Snatches-Food drops her hand, and puts on a more neutral expression.

"Not as of yet. We have hunted leeches together, but lack any bonds besides first impressions and convenience. You seemed concerned about something. Would it concern my possible pack?"

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 pm

[ST]

"Yes... and no," she answers vaguely. "I am concerned with rumors I have heard. But this is not the place to talk. I have a safehouse, out in the Scab." She recites an address in a Bronx neighborhood.

"I will come alone. Bring whoever you wish." Like a typical Silver Fang, she expects others to follow in her tracks.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Hm. Well, that's very cryptic and vaguely portentous. Snatches-Food will walk back to Walks.

"Hey, just so you know, some Silver Fang Theurge calling herself Mist-Walker has just told me to come to this address to talk about some odd rumors. Although she said I could bring whoever I wanted, it sounds like she'll be quietly judging us based on who we choose to show up. Want to come along and see who else is quietly watching this one on one meeting outside? If I seem to show up on my own, it'll only tell her that I seem to prefer operating on my own."

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mates-with-Mothers Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:51 pm

"Sounds like the best way to stay in the loop," Dan admitted, shuffling his feet.
It made him antsy to be away form Maria this long, though. Sure, she was probably still safe and asleep, but who knows what kind of trouble she could have gotten herself into?
He let out a long, drawn-out sigh.

If the Wisdom of Ancestors had taught him anything, though, it's that clandestine meetings about rumours were usually worth checking out. He'd have to trust Maria. If all else fails, he could always just shoot her drugs away again, and rely on his Gift to neutralize the poison.
Sure, he'd have to crack a few skulls around again, but that was even fun. Beating up drug dealers makes for a nice distraction.
"Y'wanna take my car? She doesn't look like much, but she'll run for as long as we need her to."

[[Question for the Storyteller: we've decided that Sherwood is in the Bronx, right? Would this address be anywhere near there?]]

Mates-with-Mothers

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 pm

"Sure, though we'll probably want to pull up a bit away and scout around first. Can never be to careful with prescient leeches about."

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Black-Fur never bothered to learn about Homids, but his mother taught him the way of the Garou even before he fully awakened to his true nature. He speaks.

"She will expect us all to come. If we are a pack, it would be right. If we are not a pack, she expects you to come alone."
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:41 pm

"Are we a pack, though? We have had one successful hunt together, it is true, but that was with the Red Talons by our side. The bonds of a pack go deeper than a few dead leeches. Besides, I'd have thought that the Black Furies would be loath to let you go, unless they've decided to let males like Walks here in without telling anyone."

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:50 pm

"I have a pack, but they are a mate and our pups," Black-Fur replies. "Not a pack as Garou speak of it." He glances at Walks. "And the Furies have not changed. When they allow males, I shall be the first."
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mates-with-Mothers Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:11 am

"Our bond is deeper than a few dead leeches," Dan pointed out, "We're still hunting them. Investigating, maneuvering. Looking for Blackwood so we can kill him, too. We're in it for the long hunt."
He shrugged
"Still not *super* deep, but enough for us to start developing a deeper bond, I'd say."
Dan looked over his shoulder, "What about you, eh, Mahalo McNoNameGiven? You in?"

Mates-with-Mothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Mates-with-Mothers wrote:"[[Question for the Storyteller: we've decided that Sherwood is in the Bronx, right? Would this address be anywhere near there?]]

[Yes, it's a few blocks inland. You can easily stop by there first, or drop off the pack at the safehouse and then go there, or lend them your car and take the subway, or whatever.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:59 pm

[ST]
[Are we just waiting for the last of the pack to decide whether to follow? Or are you all waiting for me to do something?]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:02 pm

[Yeah, we're waiting for the last member of the pack to speak up]

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 pm

[He's not answering. I'm going to assume busy with other stuff.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:38 pm

As Snatches-Food is considering the matter of being a pack or not, a realization hits her.

"Hang on. Black-Fur, you're not a Black Fury?"

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Black-Fur-Rises looks at Snatches-Food oddly. "I am male. While my mother is a Fury, it is well known her tribe will not abide a male as part of their ranks. Yet." He shrugs. "My Rite was conducted by the Children of Gaia."
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapper_Bear Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Runs-In-Shadows wrote:[He's not answering. I'm going to assume busy with other stuff.]

[Sorry all, food poisoning hit me late yesterday.]

Kekoa gives a little hop in surprise. "Oh I thought this was a wolf-born sort of thing.  But I got no complaints bout hitting the bronx."
Dapper_Bear
Dapper_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 pm

[Totally understandable. Food poisoning majorly sucks.]

[There's a Bronx Safehouse topic there, and there'll be another one for a nearby neighborhood going up in a minute.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:42 pm

"Huh. So that means you're not a...never mind, that comment would be a completely untrue and vile accusation against your mother by association."

Guess you can't judge a book by it's...breeding, since covers are really attractively important.

"Alrighty, then. Sounds like we're all going. Guess we're a pack after all."

Well, one superior Garou and her coterie of lackies that needed to be taken care of, anyways. This should be interesting...

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mates-with-Mothers Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Dapper_Bear wrote:
Runs-In-Shadows wrote:[He's not answering. I'm going to assume busy with other stuff.]

[Sorry all, food poisoning hit me late yesterday.]

Kekoa gives a little hop in surprise. "Oh I thought this was a wolf-born sort of thing.  But I got no complaints bout hitting the bronx."

"I was born with two legs, just like you, Chummer."
Dan replies, turning to walk to his car.
"Let's get this show on the literal road."

Mates-with-Mothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum