Werewolf: Shadows of New York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bronx Safehouse

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bronx Safehouse Empty Bronx Safehouse

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:06 pm

In a run-down neighborhood in some forgotten corner of the Bronx, there a seemingly-abandoned house with an overgrown lawn and boarded-up windows. The locals - even the junkies - know not to go near it. It just isn't done...

A solitary Garou in her Crinos form, fur the pale shade of the moon, waits inside, her Klaive at her side.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

https://werewolfshadowsofny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Bronx Safehouse Empty Re: Bronx Safehouse

Post by PossiblyInsane Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:38 pm

[I'm assuming we'll arrive here at some point?]

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mates-with-Mothers Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:26 pm

The square, rusted nose of an old '88 Crown Vic half parked, half died just around the corner from the front door, and the raggedy Bone Gnawer in stolen, ill-fitting clothes and a one-armed, dirty hoodie reached across his passenger's body to casually snap open the glove compartment and pocket the old, brushed steel of a .38 snubnose within.

"Who's going in first?"

Mates-with-Mothers

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:30 pm

"I'll sniff around and see if I can catch the scent of anything odd."

Snatches-Food will leave everything she can't bring with her in the car and shifts to Lupus, hopping out of the car door and scurrying into the shadows.

[Usual stealth activation process: 3 successes on Blur of the Milky Eye, 4 successes on Silence, and 4 successes on actually sneaking. Finally, 2 successes to sniff around.]

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:38 pm

[ST]

Snatches-Food walks the borough's shadows silent and unseen. There are strong human scents here, many trails, tinged with anger and unnatural dependence. The smell of urine mixes with exhaust and chemical smoke.

It's the second-to-last place a Garou, even a Bone Gnawer, would take shelter. But maybe that's the point.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Eugh. Snatches-Food finishes up her scouting sniff as quickly as possible and heads back to the car.

"Can't smell anything but humans and junkies about. I'll meet up with you all at the safehouse, hopefully it will actually be safe, despite the smell."

Snatches-Food then goes off to the so called safehouse to find out if it's actually safe. You can never be too careful...

Last edited by PossiblyInsane on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:52 pm

[ST]

The safehouse is a small house, covered in ivy and surrounded by overgrown lawn. To Garou eyes it looks like a half-wild sanctuary in this hellhole of a borough - though to the humans, it's just a ruined house.

There's no gate or fence, but unlike the rest of the neighborhood, there are no broken bottles or other garbage strewn around it. It seems even junkies know not to trespass on a werewolf's lair - even if they don't realize what it is.

Snatches-Food catches the glimpse of a bright, yellow werewolf eye peering at her from inside the house's boarded-over windows.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Snatches-Food will dip her head in acknowledgement of the eye, then sit in the shadows and wait for the others.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapper_Bear Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:51 pm

"Let's bro."

Keko hops out and smoothly glides down the street, keeping an eye out for anything following the group.
Dapper_Bear
Dapper_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 pm

[ST]

A pair of sullen teenagers in hoodies watch from the front porch of a house across the street and one door down, but they quickly lose interest.

Minding your own business is a matter of survival around here.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 am

Black-Fur slipped back into Lupus as soon as the car left the sept, and now bounds out of the foul Weaver-box. stretching his legs a bit by bounding around the car and the surrounding neighbourhood before joining Snatches-Food in the yard.
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:02 pm

When the rest of the pack have gathered in the yard, Snatches-Food shall enter, shifting her paw to a hand to operate the door handle if necessary.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:49 pm

[ST]

The doorknob on the front door has been torn out. It doesn't seem to have been recent. The door opens inward, and needs just a push.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Snatches-Food will proceed inside.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:25 pm

[ST]

The door resists for a moment, then creaks open. There's a slight rush of air as Snatches-Food steps inside. The scent here is pleasant - untouched by the stench outside. Though worn, the wooden floors and walls look surprisingly clean.

Inside the front hall, Mist-Walker in her sleek, silvery Crinos form leans casually against the empty doorframe leading to the living room. She nods as Snatches-Food enters.

"So you've brought your whole pack," she says, neutrally.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Black-Fur follows, looking dumb and pretty. Talking isn't his thing, so might as well let the Ragabash or Galliard take the lead.
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Damn Black-Fur's distractedly dumb and pretty face! Must...retain....composure....

Although a perceptive Garou might spot Snatches-Food's eyes flicker towards Black Fur's tail, she manages to retain the neutral mask and not betray the mix of distaste for his intellect and appreciation of his long, flowing fur.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:50 pm

[ST]

Mist-Walker doesn't notice Snatches-Food's lustful glances.

She turns, heads into the house's living room, signalling with a flick of her tail and a quick glance that she expects the others to follow.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Phew! Doesn't look like she noticed.

Snatches-Food will follow, taking the lead of the pack so she wouldn't have to resist the subtle allure of that tail again.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapper_Bear Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Kekoa follows, bows his head and stands back and to the left of Black-Fur.

"Mist-Walker, are we here to receive answers as to why we attacked, or are we to seek them?"
Dapper_Bear
Dapper_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:47 pm

[ST]

The she-wolf looks at Dark Waters for a long moment, avoiding direct eye contact that would be seen as a rebuke. She shakes her head, slightly.

"Neither," she says,."Did you sense me as an Elder who would take you under her wing? No, Dark Waters of the Uktena, I am just an Arden of this Sept."

"I know about your fight with the leeches," she continues, pacing, her claws audibly scratching on the floors. "And I know one of the Talons suspects a traitor. That's all I know of that."
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:24 pm

"You mentioned earlier that you had heard rumors that do and do not concern the pack. What are they?"

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:46 pm

[ST]

The Silver Fang nods, slowly. "Mother Larissa keeps the Sept together best she can, but her strength is waning."

She turns away, looking troubled. "They call us urrah, [corrupted ones] living in the cities," she growls, "As though we've forgotten we are Garou, borne of Gaia and Wolf. And sometimes, they're right."

Her gaze returns to Snatches-Food. "The Sept is tearing itself apart, and there's nothing I can do about it. Not now. I'm about to be taken out of the game. But you..." she looks to the young Garou assembled in front of her, "I can trust you. You fought alongside Storm-Dancer's pack, and I trust her judgement. This is my safehouse. Not even my packmates know about it. It's yours now. I won't need it."
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Snatches-Food bows her head. "We are honored. Is there anything that could be done to prevent your removal, or at least continue in your stead? Anything you could tell us about the current political situation would be greatly appreciated."

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:40 pm

She gives Snatches-Food a warning look. "Prevent it? No. It's nothing you'd want to poke your snout into."

"I'm not about to drag a Cliath pack into this. If you hunt them, they'll rip you to shreds. In more ways than one. Take the house. Use it. Fight the Wyrm."
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next