Werewolf: Shadows of New York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bronx Safehouse

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bronx Safehouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Bronx Safehouse

Post by PossiblyInsane Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:19 pm

"Our thanks, then. I shall be off to do just that."

Unless someone else wishes to intercede, Snatches-Food will go back to Walks' car, change into Homid and assosciated clothing, and go to the nearest public library to see if she can do some of this 'hacking'. Walks claims it doesn't involve a fire ax, but she'll just have to see whether all other avenues exhaust themselves.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 pm

[Going to say that's Castle Hill Library. I'll open up a new topic.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

https://werewolfshadowsofny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Having been granted territory by an elder, Black-Fur will do the properly wolfy thing: he will explore the safe house, with particular mind given to proper places to mark said territory.
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 pm

[ST]

The house is fairly small, and for the most part, bare. Light and fresh air come in through partly-boarded windows. There's a living room and a kitchen on the first floor, and a pair of bedrooms on the second. There is no furniture except a small, battered wooden table in the center of the living room. The house lacks a basement, as well.

In the larger of the two bedrooms, a loose floorboard reveals a small bundle of arrows, a spare bowstring, and a sawn-off stashed in the floor-space. In the upstairs bathroom, there's a bit of torn letterhead from a company called Warden-Mann Holdings, and a ripped photograph which seems to show the city skyline, but nothing notable.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapper_Bear Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:01 pm

With a hell of a lot less attitude, "My thanks, Mist-Walker.  Is this place watched by spirits?  And where are the exits?"
Dapper_Bear
Dapper_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 pm

[ST]

"Sharp," Mist-Walker remarks, her tone slightly impressed. "There's a Raccoon-spirit who wards the doors. He'll keep humans - and Wyrm-spawn - from opening the doors. There's an front door - you just walked through it - and a back door out through the kitchen. And I'm sure you'll have no problems getting out the second-floor windows if necessary."

"It isn't a stronghold, though. I claimed this place because having to wear Homid form, at the Bawn, was tiresome. It's secure, but don't expect it to hold up to a Pentex First Team."

Last edited by Runs-In-Shadows on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapper_Bear Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Kekoa absentmindedly rubs an earlobe.  

"This will be great for the lupus.  I will probably keep my apartment.  Bills and stuff acts as a good screen and people tracking us down will probably look there first.  I like that this place is a secret.  Let's keep it that way if we can.

Mist-Walker, what offerings should we leave for the raccoon spirit."
Dapper_Bear
Dapper_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 pm

After an unspecified but probably shorter than expected length of time, Snatches-Food strides in with a strut in her step and a smile plastered across her face.

"I told you I could do it! He frequently called these four numbers, and recently has been calling this new fifth number a lot. He also seems to frequent and calls a lot to this nightclub in Queens called Hellhound. Also, his credit card and all of their phones are prepaid."

Hellhound...although she hasn't been there, Snatches-Food tries to recall what the word on the street is about it.

[And apparently remembers quite a bit.]

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:01 pm

[ST]

"Raccoons eat anything, that is their medicine," Mist-Walker laughs softly, "He'll enjoy any food you bring him. Except O'Tolley's... don't give him anything from there."

"And you should know, if you have bills, Pentex knows where to find you. If you're still alive, it's because they don't know what you are."

Her ears snap forward, ready and alert as Snatches-Food comes bursting in. She nods as the younger Garou speaks.

What Snatches-Food Knows:
Hellhound is a dance club in Queens with vaguely gothic and punk style. It's generally dark, lighting is chaotic, the music is aggressive. Hellhound isn't the most exclusive of clubs, but there are a sort of elite who are allowed access to the second floor. There are rumors of organized crime connections, but no one seems to agree exactly which group they are connected to.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krellen Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Words, words, words.  Homids so liked talking. So did Snatches-Food, but she seemed to have well-embraced her homid side too.  Black-Fur, like most wolves, doesn't have much use for words.  Actions talk louder.

So he heads out to snuffle around the safehouse's yards, and hopefully root up some rodent or something to leave for the house spirits.

[But he finds nothing.]
krellen
krellen

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 pm

[ST]

The safehouse's yard is similarly overgrown, and sheltered by a large maple tree. A chain-link has rusted and fallen into disrepair. The neighboring house has a sturdy wood fence, though. There are a few mice squeaking under the tall grass, but they flee before Black-Fur-Rises can get close to them.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 pm

"I just happen to have heard of Hellhound before. It's exactly the sort of club you'd expect leeches to swarm to. It's also got an elite only second floor and supposedly some sort of organized crime connections that probably aren't the Mob. All of that, and I didn't even need a hatchet!"

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapper_Bear Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 am

"Bros! We should scout the place, learn their weak points, set a trap, take their secrets, and return them to the wyrm."
Dapper_Bear
Dapper_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mates-with-Mothers Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 am

[[Dan Quietly tries to summon up memories and rumours and memories of rumours about the Hellhound, to no avail
Also: disregard the colour, I missed the "Werewolf" button and it doesn't matter, anyway.
Also, amusingly, if I'd rembered my stats correctly, I'd have one hit instead of zero. That'll teach me to roll from memory and not check my character sheet]]

"Not now, though. The leeches have gone home for the day, and it would raise more than a few eyebrows to see three gentleman and a lady, dressed like ourselves, to come rolling up on a nightclub at this hour. It's a solid idea, but we'd need an equally solid plan of attack."
Da taps his foot on the ground a few times, trying to conjure up any ideas, before finally alighting upon one.
"Hey, Snatches-Food, d'you still have the phone? I've got some calls to make that might help point us towards Blackwood, but he won't want me calling from, well, here. He'll probably want some face-time. How do I find you guys when I need to talk to you?"

Mates-with-Mothers

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:01 pm

"Yeah, I've got it here. I'll probably be hanging around here for the day. Oh, what sort of spirits are hereabouts? I forgot to ask."

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mates-with-Mothers Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 pm

[[Storyteller: is that a streetwise or Primal Urge roll for me to already "know" beyond the Raccoon]]

Mates-with-Mothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:32 pm

[ST]

[Perception + Primal Urge or Perception + Occult to notice there's a spirit holding the door.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:34 pm

[Snatches-Food gets 2 successes on that.]

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm

[ST]

Snatches-Food senses that the delay in the door opening isn't a stuck frame or rusty hinge, but a spirit manifesting partially through the Gauntlet. There's a subtle pressure as it holds the door firm at first, then lets her pass after nosing through the Gauntlet and taking her scent. From the spirit's presence, she senses an impression of cunning, of craftiness and a touch of mischief, though less pronounced than that of a fox or coyote... or Ragabash.
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Interesting...this place might be fun after all...

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 pm

After thinking to herself a bit, Snatches-Food smiles.

"Yup, I'll definitely be around for a while. Though right now, I have a very important shopping errand to get done for the spirit hereabouts."

Assuming no-one wishes to accost her and nothing of note happens there and back, Snatches-Food will go to the sixth closest supermarket and buy some fresh salmon, cod, trout, six moderately sized bags of ice, a roll of duct tape, a hammer, nails, and six trays for later use. If the credit card doesn't work, the cash should be enough.

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:18 pm

[ST]
What form are you walking out in?
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PossiblyInsane Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:43 pm

[Clothed Homid, same form I went to the library in.]

PossiblyInsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:46 pm

[ST]

[Right. New topic will open in a sec.]

[If anyone else wants to do last actions for this day, declare them now. Otherwise I'll assume you're resting - even Garou need to sleep eventually - and move on to the next night.]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runs-In-Shadows Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:01 pm

[ST]

Snatches-Food returns to the safehouse unscathed.

[Anyone else have actions to take before we move on to the next night?]
Runs-In-Shadows
Runs-In-Shadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next